Utility parking permits are assigned for those who need to use a car or another vehicle to carry out their work in the centre of Lund. For example, you can apply for the utility parking permit if you have a workshop in your car or need to transport heavy equipment.
Send your application to the Technical administration at Lund municipality via their e-service:
Report temporary change of cars
If you have a utility parking permit you can report a temporary change of cars via email, for example when your regular car is the workshop for repair or service.
Just send your ordinary car registration number along with the temporary registration number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to inform us when your regular car is back in use.
Utility parking permit – how it works
- for shorter periods of time can be purchased for 600 SEK excl VAT per permit and month.
- The fee will be invoiced and the permit is valid once the invoice has been paid. For applicants within Lund municipality the permit is valid from the application date.
- One utility parking permit applies to maximum two vehicles.
- The utility parking permit allows parking for maximum two hours in a row on streets or parking places subject to a parking ban. With the utility parking permit you can park for free also in car parks subject to a fee.
- As the utility parking permit is controlled via the car registration number, you won’t need to display a badge in the car. Note that a parking disc is required when applicable.
The utility parking permit does not apply for stopping or parking in:
- No stopping areas
- Areas marked with no waiting or no stopping signs according to the provisions of the Road Traffic Ordinance
- Traffic lanes reserved for vehicles in regular service, bus stops, turning zones, taxi zones or other zones reserved for special purposes.
- Private parking spaces
The utility parking permit does not give the right to use roads subject to vehicle traffic ban or a prohibition against vehicles of a special type.
Note! The utility parking permit does not apply for regular parking outside the business’ office or similar.
Who can apply?
The utility parking permit can be applied for by business owners whose vehicles are:
- Permanently furnished as a workstation for installation of accessories for fixed property (piping, plumbing, electrical installation), but not for new construction.
- Permanently furnished as a workstation for installation of accessories for movable property (radio, TV).
- Essential for transporting and storing tools and material for installation of accessories for fixed property, but not for new construction.
- Essential for transporting and storing tools and material for repair (service) of fixed property, but not for new construction.
- Essential for transporting and storing tools and material for repair (service) of movable property.
- Essential for property sanitation or extensive courier services.
- Essential for extensive inspection of fixed and movable property regarding function and safety.
- Essential for medical or social care operations.